Albany, New York – Anbaric Development Partners, one of the nation’s leading independent developers of electric transmission, commends New York State Senator Kevin Parker for introducing S.6218, The Planned Offshore Wind Transmission Act, which will prioritize the development and expansion of planned offshore wind transmission projects.
“We applaud the New York State legislature for recognizing the benefits of planned offshore transmission with the introduction of this bill,” said Janice Fuller, President, Mid-Atlantic. “An independent, shared transmission system for New York’s offshore wind projects will minimize seabed cabling and shore crossings, reduce overall costs and impacts on ratepayers, and will strengthen the resiliency of our onshore grid. We urge the passage of this bill into law. As leaders of the planned transmission conversation for years, Anbaric is prepared to provide proven and shovel-ready transmission solutions that will unleash New York’s offshore wind potential, meet the Governor’s goals, and propel the Empire State to lead the United States in offshore wind and planned transmission infrastructure.”
If passed, The Planned Offshore Wind Transmission Act will:
- Improve planning and coordination to reduce costs and minimize community and environmental impacts of offshore wind expansion in New York State in anticipation that the state’s mandated offshore wind goal will increase from 9,000MW of offshore wind by 2035.
- Consult with the New York Independent Operating System, the Department of Public Service, and other relevant state agencies and authorities, upon the expansion of the state’s offshore wind megawatt goal, to establish a plan for improved transmission planning and coordination systems for an offshore grid.
- Run procurements for independent transmission systems to integrate the next round of offshore wind projects and include recommendations in the plan, to:
- Prioritize community protection both onshore and offshore;
- Minimize impacts on the marine ecosystem;
- Minimize impacts on local municipalities; and
- Streamline the process for the planned transmission process.
- Conduct a benefit-cost analysis and ratepayer impact study in consultation with other relevant state agencies and authorities to determine the overall benefits and costs of implementing planned transmission and coordinated systems for an offshore grid.
Anbaric is a US-based company focused on planning and scaling renewable energy. Anbaric develops clean energy infrastructure to accelerate the deployment of renewable energy across North America, specializing in the design, development, financing, and construction of large-scale electric transmission and storage systems. For more information about the company, visit anbaric.com.