At Anbaric, our transmission lines:
- Move electricity long distances, from where it is produced to where it is used;
- Link wholesale power markets, boosting competition and lowering prices; and
- Bring large quantities of renewable energy to population centers.
We have helped spearhead completion of two 660 MW high-voltage, direct current (HVDC) projects. Each of these lines is buried underground and underwater along its entire route.
- Neptune Regional Transmission System, delivering electricity 56 miles from central New Jersey to central Long Island, completed in July 2007; and
- Hudson Transmission Project, delivering electricity 8 miles from northern New Jersey to New York City, completed in June 2013.